If you’ve come to the conclusion that you need an office refurbishment company to help you make the most of your office space, then you might know exactly what you need, and which commercial fit out company you’ll choose. Alternatively, you might not know what to look for, or what’s involved.
Here’s what you should consider.
1. You’ll want to choose an office refurbishment company that has plenty of experience in making the best use of office space. You’ll also want them to be enthusiastic about what they do.
2. The commercial fit out company you choose should either know your business or industry, or be prepared to learn about it so that they can understand what you’re looking for, and how they can help.
3. You’ll need to like them as people, and vice versa. You’ll want to have a good working relationship so that everything goes according to plan and that any problems can be ironed out.
4. As well as liking you, the company you choose have to be able to listen to what you need. This stops them giving you their idea of what you want, or what they want you to have, that might be very expensive, time consuming or inappropriate.
5. Not only will the office refurbishment company need to listen to your requirements, they’ll need to understand what you want, and design a fit out that is right for your workspace and working environments.
6. It might be that you’re moving into new premises, and so the office refurbishment team will have full access to your office space whilst you’re not there. Alternatively, they might have to work around you during the day, or have to work office refurbishment company after hours or weekends so as not to disrupt your company.
7. You’ll want to have a look at some case studies and see how the company has helped others, and what innovative ideas they have come up with to solve problems. What ideas and solutions will looking at the case studies give you?
8. It’s essential that there is plenty of communication from your office refurbishment company. They’ll need to keep you informed of any delays, or changes of time, or products, so that you know what’s going on. You won’t want to be kept in the dark over any aspect of your project.
9. A project manager will able to keep up to speed with what’s going on, and take control of everything, so that you can get on with your job. You won’t want to have to spend precious time ringing up suppliers, or chasing missing orders.
10. You’ll want to make sure that you don’t choose your office refurbishment company on cost alone. It’s important that you and your staff get the facilities and working space that you need, rather than worrying too much about how much it’s going to cost. It’s much better to get it right first time.